Why do people keep insisting that CSI is completely unrealistic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do people keep insisting that CSI is completely unrealistic?

Post by Melyssa K on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 pm

I have heard many people, especially those in the field of forensics, that harp on CSI for being unrealistic in the ways it solves crimes. They say that it takes much longer to get the results of lab analyses, bad guys do get away in real life, and stuff. I KNOW THAT! I'll go one step further and say that collecting evidence at a crime scene involves wearing hair caps and masks...I think, and you take multiple photos of pieces of evidence. Cases often go cold and remain unsolved for years before technology allows more investigating to proceed. Real-life CSI's would never hold up a piece of unbagged evidence and talk with it front of their mouth, that's done on the show so we can see what they are talking about. The CSI's on the show are often seen in different clothes from one scene to another, indicating that it's the next day. Most of their crimes are not solved in one day, but if they spread out the solving of each crime to be the realistic span of weeks, even months or years, it would be a very boring and confusing show with impossible to follow cases. CSI is not a documentary, it's a crime drama...DRAMA. You have to take the show's content with a grain of salt. It's a really great show that keeps the accuracy of forensics as realistic as it can all while still being entertaining to the masses.
Melyssa K
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do people keep insisting that CSI is completely unrealistic?

Post by bornlie on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

I have also heard that not many CSI's in real life carry guns. That just bugs me because it's suppose to be fantasy. It's suppose to be an escape
bornlie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top